Florida Memorial University, through its School of Business, is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs to offer the following business degrees:
- The Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- The Bachelor of Science in Finance
- The Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Master of Business Administration (MBA, program is explained in Graduate Catalog)
Students can also participate in a Dual Hospitality Management program with Florida International University in which students may obtain the Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from Florida Memorial and the Bachelor of Science or the Master of Science Degree in Hospitality Management from FIU.
Minors are also offered in Business Administration, Finance, and Marketing. Eighteen additional credit hours with a grade of “C” or better are required beyond core courses for a minor. Students should consult with the Dean as soon as the decision to pursue a minor has been made. An agreement about specific courses to satisfy the minor requirements must be made during the application process. Students selecting a minor must adhere to the same entrance requirements as they would for a major. Students selecting a major or minor in the area need to have a strong background in mathematics.
The School offers opportunities to students to enhance their studies through professional experiences.
School Mission Statement
The essential aspects of the University’s Institutional Statement of Purpose drive the mission of the School of Business that is formulated in the mission and goals for each degree-granting program.
Goals of the School
- To develop in students an awareness and understanding of the role of business and economics in our society
- To assist students in acquiring the ability to use business and economic analysis as a major tool in making independent, well considered judgments on important public issues
- To provide specialized training for students who wish to pursue careers as managers and owners of business enterprises
- To provide a fundamental background in the areas of business and economics theories for students who wish to pursue advanced study
- To perform research and disseminate knowledge for the advancement of techniques in the conduct of business affairs
- To focus on programs which inspire greater entrepreneurial activities and contribution to the business and economic life of the community, state, and nation
- To continually re-examine the curriculum to see if it conforms to current needs of business and industry
- To enhance students’ critical thinking and effective communication capabilities
- To provide students with the opportunity for cooperative education, internship experience, and professional development
- To analyze components of international business, including international trade and investment, foreign exchange, financial markets, and political and cultural interactions between multinational organizations and host countries.
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.00.
- Meet all Florida Memorial University course requirements in the area of specialization.
- Receive grade of “C” or better in all School of Business Administration courses.
- Successfully complete BUS 498 Senior Project in Business, or other designated Senior Project courses.
Bachelor of Science